Thursday, July 29, 2010

By Law if my spouse passes away am I responsible for his credit card debt if im not on the account?

It depends on the area, but normally yes.By Law if my spouse passes away am I responsible for his credit card debt if im not on the account?
No.





They will ask for the money from you-- and they can even make it SOUND like you're responsible for it (especially if you were a supplementary card holder). But legally, if you're not on the account, you are not responsible. He signed the liability, not you.By Law if my spouse passes away am I responsible for his credit card debt if im not on the account?
That's incorrect. You're not responsible if you're not on the account. If they try to pursue you, hire a lawyer. Individual accounts are just that, you're individually responsible for.





However, if you're a co-signer on the account. The situation would be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment