Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dear HR: Is my spouse's graduate program creating employment discrimination for me?

I am a contract employee and have been talking with my employer (not agency) since my start date about being hired on full-time with the company. They love my performance and think the world of me.





When getting to know them, they asked certain questions about my personal life (spouse, children, etc.) and I confided in them that my husband is attending graduate school and we are originally from another town.





Then, things changed. I was talking with my employer who then asked about my anticipated length of service. I told them at least 2 years, due to my current situation. They told me they don't know if they want to take that risk with me (hire me on as a regular employee). They want a firm commitment for longer than that amount of time from me.





The agency wants me to stay on a permanent temp to get more money. Is this discrimination? What are my rights?Dear HR: Is my spouse's graduate program creating employment discrimination for me?
There are two forms of discrimination, legal and illegal,





If they discriminate against you because of race, sex, race, maybe even sexual orientation, you have a legal right.





but if they discriminate because they don't beleive you willl stay there, or because you have red hair, or because you are too tall, they can do that, since there is no law against it.





Why not just tell them you have talked it over and would plan on staying 5 years. So you leave after 2 it is called lying at the interview, most people always do that when asked how long will you stay. Since you will stay till you get a better job offer or move or somethingDear HR: Is my spouse's graduate program creating employment discrimination for me?
Regularization does not require commitment for longer period of time in the company. If you want to leave the company, you can do so because it is allowed under the law.
and go to confession after lying too right. lol talk to an employment lawyer if economically possible. here in my city in florida they give free consultation for the first visit.
This is not discrimination as they are saying that some of the criteria are:


1. Commitment


2. Qualifications (Which you state you have)





Obviously they need to consider the fact that you may not be able to stay that long and will end up having to get another employee after you leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment