Thursday, July 29, 2010

Married men & women, do you keep some things private from your spouse?

Many of us have separate bank accounts but besides that do you keep other things private?





My husband does keep things private from me but that's how I met him and I don't expect him to change that. However I don't think I keep anything from him. It doesn't really bother me but I'm just wondering if it's common amongst other married couples.Married men %26amp; women, do you keep some things private from your spouse?
Yes. I think it is normal for someone not to share EVERYTHING with their spouse. You wouldn't be your own person if you did.


I have been married for 9 years and I love my husband very much, but there are a few things that I consider private and I wouldn't show it to him.


I like to write stories and write in my journal as an example. I wouldn't be too happy if I found out that he read them. They are my own private feelings and I feel like everyone is entitled to some secrets, as long as they wouldn't be devastating to the marriage or family.


Harmless secrets are fine and normal. If you are hiding an affair, drug problem, etc. then that is not okay in my opinion.


Good question by the way!


Edited to add: I read everyone else's replies and I just wanted to clarify my own reply.


I don't think it is okay to be secretive when it involves interactions with other people (phone calls, e-mails, etc.). My husband can always read my letters, e-mails, or listen in on my phone calls. Neither of us have anything to hide there.


But I think everyone is entitled to have secretive feelings. When my husband and I have an argument then quite often I retreat with my journal and write down my feelings and get it all out. I vent my frustrations and then when I am calm I am able to speak to him and work things out. It is very therepeutic and I reccomend it.


But my journal is not something that he needs to read. They are MY feelings. If I want to share them with him then I will tell him.


Other than those harmless ';secrets';, I don't think hiding something from your spouse is a good idea.Married men %26amp; women, do you keep some things private from your spouse?
Not married, but been with the same guy for six and a half years, so I'll answer anyway. I am very much open like you. My boyfriend knows my passwords to almost everything and I am very open and honest about a lot of things. My boyfriend is very private and has never shared as much as I have. It has bothered me because he's lied to me about some really not ok things, but we've worked through it. If I don't trust him, then we don't have a relationship, so I let him do this private thing and let things be.
Im married and me and my husband try to be as open and honest only to the extent where it is helpful and productive to our marriage or vital. Basically if something happens that we know the other would want to know we tell if not we don't. I prefer to know more than my husband does so he tells me small usually unimportant things. My husband prefers not to know most things so I keep them to myself. We have found that the don't ask don't tell policy works best though. Somethings are left better unspoken.
we have separate bank accounts b/c he would take money out and not tell me. i keep things to myself because he is an insecure jerk who thinks i screw every man in town because i have ';guy friends';(his words not mine) most of which are co workers or people who help me on the job. so it's just easier to not talk about work. he keeps things from me like what he paid for things (actual amount) and then i find receipts just laying around. so i just try to forget
Yes he does keep things privet. The main reason is he doesn't feel i need to concern myself with the mundane in and out of a lot of things he has to deal with . It is more protection than anything else. He simply wants me to feel loved and taken car of, which i am. So no it truly does not bother me.
We keep some stuff private from each other, but nothing particularly important. Sometimes privacy is just a feature of personality and there's nothing sinister about it.
My husband and I share everything and make family decisions together, Marriage is not a place for secrets. I learned that in my first marriage.
Shouldn't be any secrets. Bank accounts, email.. if you've got nothing to hide, you don't have to worry about privacy.
I have only kept one thing private from my husband. If I told him what it was then he may not trust me again. What I did happened when I was married to my first husband.
I have no secrets. I don't think he has any either. We even share our bank accounts so as far as I know, we are both open books.
He kept a secret bank account from me, i guess it was to support him and his girlfriend!
I don't keep secrets. I have kept some thoughts to myself but I would reather be honest about things.
No I don't and I don't think my husband does. If he does, I am sure it's nothing major. I trust him.
Got to. Wouldnt be married to long if I relenquish all that I have going on on the low
I don't and my wife does not ether.
We both prefer to answer calls of Nature alone and in privacy behind closed bathroom doors...somehow having a conversation while someone is either urinating or pooping doesn't seem right, lol.





As far as anything else, nope.No secrets.
  • glitter eyeshadow
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment