Thursday, July 29, 2010

Does anyone have advise on how to be supportive of a spouse with Bi-Polar.?

I love my wife dearly, but ever since she had a breakdown and Bi-Polar diagnosis it has changed her personality. Some days I can deal, and some days it's hard. How can I be supportive and keep my own sanity?Does anyone have advise on how to be supportive of a spouse with Bi-Polar.?
I am so sorry to hear of your frustration. You are supportive just by standing by her and her mental illness. So many people have it and have yet to be diagnosed. There are so many support groups for the patient and spouse. Research by calling local hospitals and/or newspapers. This unfortunately is your disease as well. Encourage her to keep taking her medications and maybe you both can attend therapy as this is a process that takes both time, patience and lots of love. Good Luck to you!Does anyone have advise on how to be supportive of a spouse with Bi-Polar.?
She needs your Love Man, Love her at all times. Understand she needs your supoort. Love her with your heart and Soul, dont ever make her feel like she is a liability. Its a great opportunity to pratice Love. If you need more help then email me and i will send you links to Meditation which will soothe both of you down. All the Bless. Positive thoughts and feelings!
Remember that you are seeing the manifestations of an illness. Your wife is still there, intact.





Be patient, loving, communicative, and sensitive. We are in it ';for better or worse, in sickness and in health';.





Attend therapy with her, when it's practical, and get some face time with the therapist on your own for advice, if at all possible.





I'm sure you can sense when you are really connected. Help maintain her med schedule, go for walks together, and listen.


Sometimes she just needs to be heard, and not advised. You ';both'; can heal....





BPD2
Make sure she takes her meds and sees her doctor regularly. This really help me along with excersise and getting enough sleep.
Just remember


its not her fault that shes bi-polar she cant help it


everytime you get annoyed just take a deep breath and remember that shes your wife, and that you love her.
MY dads BI-POLAR ........ its very frustrating.... mainly because he normaly is not in a ';good mood';.....im sorry you have to go through that..... i usualy just avoid my dad at wierd times and not call....but it must be hard with your wife
My brother's wife and 3 children are bipolar. It is a matter of getting the right combination of meds and the patient being compliant in taking them. That is sometimes difficult because the side effects can be unpleasant. But, know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Unfortunately I'm utterly unfit to answer your question, one of my


contacts however should however be able to answer your question from personal experience.


I do know it is a very difficult and painful situation, and very hard on you and I wish you the best.


So I'll star your question and hope my friend spots it and answers.


That's the best I can do, I'm so sorry.
There are tons of support groups for friends and loved ones of mental illness. Nami.org can get you started in a local chapter or check out your local news paper.


Living with some one that has a mental illness can be tiring and doesn't just affect the one with the disease.You need as much support as she does

No comments:

Post a Comment