Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Do you and your spouse come from living different life-styles?

Do you find it to be a ground for conflict?Do you and your spouse come from living different life-styles?
Yes, it sucks big time! I try very hard to be as happy as possible, even when things are not going well or close to ideal. Oh well thats life there is nothing you can do about it.Do you and your spouse come from living different life-styles?
Yes, my husband and I were brought up in two very different families. Sometimes this causes conflict because we are living with his family and I find certain things very strange and difficult to deal with. I agree with the above post and think the biggest thing is compromise, because no two people are the same. It also helps if you accept eachothers differences and dont enforce certain rules (which you may be used to) upon one another.
Sure... we come from different life-styles and cultures.





I am American... he is Italian, from Sicily.





when I first met him the whole Italian mama's boy, italian machismo attitude stereotypes kind of made me cautious. But he reassured me that he wasn't the 'typical' italian... and I believed him, because I was in love. Plus he was acting like a normal, decent man.





come to find out, he fits almost every stereotype there is about Italian men plus some. He's a drunk, he's lost all self respect and responsibility, he cries for mama whenever we have a problem and he has no sense of the word ';man';. He is a child walking around in the body of a man.





i want to divorce him asap.
Yes, my husband and I grew up in completely different lifestyles. He had many siblings and lived out in the country and I was a single kid, grew up with my grandparents in the city. We have many things in common because we experienced other common things...but how you were raised does impact who you grow up to be and it can infact be grounds for conflict. There are certain things that its hard to understand the other person, because of how differently you grew up, and its hard to compromise if you can't give in a little on something you were brought up to believe. But, you have to learn to compromise, agree to disagree and love the other person for how different they are. Sometimes, it is also good to have those differences....makes you more well rounded and accepting. I cherish some of the things that my husband has thought me from how he was raised because I didn't have that. In terms of religious growing up, it can be even more of a conflict, but just be clear about eachothers expectations, etc. It was a little different culturally for us, because im german and he is american. There are some things that we just can't understand eachother about because I was raised in europe with some of the traditions we have over there, versus here. Its even tough when it comes to raising a kid together, because you have two different parenting styles you are trying to make into your own. But if both are good communicators and have any maturity that too can be overcome.
yep. he comes from rich upper class and i come from poor dirt. sure it is a ground for conflict - i envy his spoiled brats rich daddy's daughters and their sunny childhood while mine was dark and depressing. that's why now i am trying to make their lives (his daughters, not his) as depressive as possible





ps. speaking about cinderella and her step mother and yada yada yada. this is like if cinderella married a prince who already had daughters from previous marriage and turned exactly into her own step mother. maybe i should write a fairy tale about that.lol
Yes, in a way. I grew up in a religious family where as my husband didn't. My parents never really 'forced' us to go to church but they did encourage it. Its not a conflict because I knew about his beliefs before we got married and if it was a big deal I wouldn't have married him. He'll come to church with me every now and then but I don't make it an obligation - Compromise, right?
hell yes. thats the reason were seperating as of yesterday.. its crazy.. and over shitty money problems... i thought love was stronger than this... i thought wrong!
your going to have to elaborate b/c we all come from living different life styles
That's right.





My family is German and hers is Swedish.
No we came from very similar backgrounds.
yes I did and ended up getting divorced.
omg YES

No comments:

Post a Comment