Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Smokers: Would you ever give up smoking for you spouse/potential spouse?

If they felt really passionate about it because of all the implications such as money and health related issues and in general they just thought it was horrible.


If you partner said they wouldn't marry you unless you gave it up, would you?Smokers: Would you ever give up smoking for you spouse/potential spouse?
Yes. Im recently married and i've been working on quitting for about eight months now (because of my husband). Its tough but i'm getting better. I used to smoke at least at pack a day on stressful days...now i'm down to about 4 smokes per day. Also, I didnt understand why he makes a big deal out of me smoking at first because he knew I smoked before we married, but now I realize when you choose to spend the rest of your life with someone....you expect them to be around for as long as possible. So in my case, love for my husband outweighs my need to smoke so....i'm trying to quit.





P.S. ~ Jason you should give me ';some'; creditSmokers: Would you ever give up smoking for you spouse/potential spouse?
I am a smoker, my husband is not. The answer is ';no';, I have no plans at the moment to quit smoking for him, or anybody. But this is not a question to be asked after getting married. This is one of many things to be discussed before tying the knot. Which we did. He'd rather I quit of course, but he'd also rather have me as a smoker than not have me at all. I keep smoking out of our apartment and strictly on the balcony, and he doesn't pester me about it, and makes sure that when we're in public, if possible, it's a place where I can smoke. And the car, of course, is a designated smoking area. It's all about tolerance on the nonsmoking partner's part, and courtesy on the smoking partner's part. Like any relationship where the partners have differences (and smoking preference is a BIG one), if they want to make the relationship work, they will.
Me and my partner both gave up smoking at the same time - I'm doing ok, he's not doing so great. But he has the courtesy not to smoke in my car, or in our apartment (he goes onto our balcony to smoke). It's something that I really appreciate, because if he didn't do those things, I wouldn't be able to remain smoke-free.





Go to your doctor and ask for Zyban. I used it to quit, and it made cigarettes taste TRULY awful.
I usually go out with smokers, my current boyfriend only smokes occasionally and he is trying to quit so I try not to smoke around him.





If I smoked when they met me, then they know what their getting themselves in for. I wouldn't start a relationship with a doctor, then ask them to stop cause they might catch a cold.
I am married and no i would not stop smoking for my husband. He has very expensive taste in sports and all i do is smoke and eat chocolates. If my partner told me he would not marry me if i don't stop smoking i would wonder whether he really loved me or not and where the demands would stop. What if you get fat. Old and ugly. Your hair falls out. Anything.
I would do it for a penny if I could. It's not just that easy like flipping a switch you know. I made it opast nine days once.. that was as long as I could go. I can do 48 hours very easily but then, you really dont want to be around me, ya know.
Nooo !





I talk all my girlfriends into smoking.......I don't think they look weird walking down the road smoking a pipe.





If they said they wouldn't marry me, i'd get a chimney installed on my head.
nope, take me as I am or screw! If I smoked when I met them it was there choice to be with me. If was such a serous concern, then they should have considred that beofre they decided to be with a smoker
I would try to.. but as many before me have said it is not something you can just do, it takes lots of will power!!
When I smoked the only thing that made me give up was getting pregnant, it's not easy but when you know you have a life inside you it gives you motivation
I don't but my husband does, I figure it's his life and as long as I don't have to loan him money to buy them, it's his buisness...
It's a very hard thing to do. I would consider it. But probably couldn't do it.
i already gave up smoking stoges for my lungs :)
Well... Err... Ah Crap. No, I don't think I would.
No.
...*puff puff*...................naaahhhh........鈥?puff*
maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment