Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What question would you ask your future husband or wife? What do you wish you knew about your spouse?

Before you got married?


What is the one thing you would advice anyone to make sure they knew before the big taking the plunge?What question would you ask your future husband or wife? What do you wish you knew about your spouse?
Before you got married?





Would you mind taking an STD/HIV test?


How many times have you been married?


How many children do you have and do you pay child support?


Do you want children?





What is the one thing you would advice anyone to make sure they knew before the big taking the plunge?





Make sure he/she is not jealous, will be supportive of your personal endeavors (career, business, hobbies), make sure they want to be commited 100%, pattern of his relationship history. And I would want to know how his relationship with his family is, especially his mother...most likely an indication on how he will treat you from what's he's seen growing up, either respecting or disrespecting women.What question would you ask your future husband or wife? What do you wish you knew about your spouse?
This isn't something you can ask them--but see how they treat their parents--particularly their father for women and their mother for men. You can get a good idea of how someone will treat their spouse by seeing how they treat their parent of the opposite gender.
The 3 most import things they do not want me to find out about.





You know employers run background checks and marriage is a lot more important to you than a job apllicant to an employer. Hopefully its the only person you ever hire to share your life with.
why did you cheat on me?
It's really apparent to me now that I should have chosen someone who was equally close to his family as I am. It's also painfullly apparent that if a person tends to be even slightly self-centered, cold, dishonest, etc., they will be 10 times worse after marriage.
I wish I knew that he is unyielding and unlikely to make change, I wish I knew how stubborn he is and how chauvinistic he really is.


My advice: If there is something about his personality that really bothers you, try and see if he is willing to work on it, if not go into it knowing he will never change. i.e..do not get married thinking it will be better when you are married, it actually gets worse.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 25 years from now?





Reason being is to see if our future goals are compatible. I wouldn't want to marry someone doesn't want the same or similar things in life as me. For me I want someone who enjoys traveling, has career ambitions, would like to own a house and kids, and so on.





P.S. Remember the little things that annoy you while you're dating only magnify over time and will get on your nerves years later.
My girlfriend and I went over something like this in pre-marital counseling. (getting married in a few months) Two questions: 1. What was the saddest thing that someone ever said to you. (Not did, just said)


2. Honestly....if i did one thing to break your trust what would it be. (Oddly enough it's not always cheating or being dishonest)


It helps you to see the worst that could ever come around....but most importantly helps to clean out that negativity (sp?) that leads to those things.
I don't know if it would be a question per say, but the advise I would give you is to really examine your relationship - if he seems controlling, insecure or trouble communicating with you. I know from experience that those things can cause huge problems later. You really need to recognize the issues and deal with them in order to have a strong marriage.
Will yolu always follow God with me? Regardless, of what happens in my life,will you be the man of the house,and lead me? Will you always protect me to best of your abilities, and remain my best friend?
FINANCIAL ISSUES! I would have been more literate about personal finance and would have found out his financial history or financial goals. The main things that will end your marriage is finances and agreeing on how to discipline your children. that's my two problems in my marriage. if you they will change after marriage they will not, it gets worse and all the things that annoyed you just a little bit before marriage gets more irritating after marriage. good luck.
1. make sure that you know where they stand on fidelity issues. is it ok to cheat? do they think its ok while you are engaged but not married?





2. are they honest?





3. how is their credit? do they pay their bills? how will you handle finances?





4. how is his/her family? will the family be trying to move in with you after you get a house together?





5. what kind are the roles in your relationship? does he expect you to do all the cooking? cleaning?





6. does he want kids? does he expect you to stay home with the kids or are you going to share in the responsibilites and you work also? how many kids does he want?





7. what religion is he? will you convert if you are not the same religion or does he want you to convert?





8. where will you live?





i wish i had known that my husband was a serial liar and a cheater and that i cannot change him. i wish i had known that he was not a communicator. (well, the signs were there, i just didnt listen to my inner voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment