Sunday, August 22, 2010

Did you ever cook a meal that your spouse went absolutely crazy over?

Mine is long spaghetti with cheese garlic breadDid you ever cook a meal that your spouse went absolutely crazy over?
My husband does like most of my food. I try to make something differant some part of the world every night so we do not get bored.Did you ever cook a meal that your spouse went absolutely crazy over?
my husband loves breadsticks. They are super easy to make. Jiffy pizza crust mix, water, butter, garlic powder.


prepare the pizza crust according to instructions.


You let it rise 5 minutes.


put it on a greased pizza pan like you would a pizza crust.


cover it with melted butter and garlic power. (the amount depends on personal preference)


bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 -15 minutes.


cut into pieces.


You can use pizza sauce as a dip.
My husband is a chef so he pretty much appreciates anything anyone cooks for him as usually he is the one slaving over a hot stove. I can't cook like he does but he loves it when I make roast chicken stuffed with lemon and herbs and roasted sweet potatoes and squash
NO BUT HER MOM ABSOLUTELY LOVED MY SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE AND FRIED CHICKEN ON THE SIDE. DON'T ASK ME HOW I CAME UP WITH IT I WAS STARVING I GUESS AND I STILL LUV IT TO THIS DAY FYI HER MOM WAS CAUCASION LOL..
Grilled portabella mushroom caps with a bit of bleu cheese sprinkled on the last minute or so, wild rice, fresh asparagus spears steamed over lemon water, a warmed whole wheat bread and rosemary, garlic and olive oil marinated and grilled pork loins.
My homemade cinnamon rolls. People joke that those cinnamon rolls were why he asked me to marry him. It'll be our 30th wedding anniversary this year.
I cooked a pineapple cobbler the other night. It disappeared.


I also love to make Pesto.
Well I'm still trying to be better at it. I don't know...most of the the time he'll say ';Mmm honey this is really good';, but a few times he's told me it wasn't very good. Okay once or twice he'll rave of the Fresh corned beef or my Meatloaf. = )
my hubby likes my cooking very much as well; but recently his favorites have been my fresh LemonPepper-Garlic chicken over steamed rice, and for some reason, my Pita Pizzas. They're incredibly simple and require almost no work...yet he absolute raves over them.





my favorite meal that he makes is Pot Roast with baby carrots and potatoes. :D
We call it Platter Meal: Grilled yogurt marinated chicken and flank steak, flatbreads, rice and beans, fresh cut veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and peppers), chickpea and eggplant curry. It takes a while to make but it's so tasty and good for you!
mine was cordune blue chicken brests stuffed with ham and swiss chees
Beef vegetable stew. He loves it.
I don't see how, but he loves every single thing I cook for him. His absolute favorite is a german dish my mother used to make with sausage, potatoes, saurkraut, vinegar and caraway seeds. Sounds awful yes? It's delicious! His other favorites are my own Pami's Steak Stir Fry and Mexican Chicken. You have to appreciate a man that can love and appreciate everything you do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment