Sunday, August 22, 2010

Would you share a bank account with your spouse?

Call me selfish, but I personally wouldn't. Look at gold diggers, most are predominantly female. There are some successful men who's been ruined because of them.





So men, would you ever share a bank account with your spouse?








(I know married couples should trust one another. Trust doesn't exist anymore)Would you share a bank account with your spouse?
I don't do it because of a lack of trust but for the sake of argument. We tried to combine our accounts and we fought about money quite a bit. Now we have them separate and it works great:)





I see where you are coming from though,many women have made the rest of us look bad by being gold digging tramps.Would you share a bank account with your spouse?
I have always felt that trust doesnt exist anymore. but when my husband and I took a trip away from our lives for 4 months... and we were just friends at the time... we found that we belong together. We have never had a problem with trust between us, but we are also very old fashioned when it comes to relationships and all that.





We share our bank account. But, we also share mutual respect, the ability to compromise, loyalty, honesty, the best friendship, and love.
My husband and I share a bank account. Its only used so checks can be cashed and then money put into savings. Neither one of us having a debit/credit card, that way we arent spending the money in the bank. I honestly hate going into the bank, its a pain to drag two kids in there to take money out, plus, I usually dont need to. We always have cash on hand. We communicate about our funds. We've had no problem. We both know were all the money goes, and we both agree on it before hand.
We have a joint account and personal accounts and personal credit cards. The vast majority of our money goes into the joint account but she's going to school right now and not working.





I had always assumed all the money would go into the joint account, but I understand more now that people would want to maintain their identity and independence and just use the joint account to pay joint bills.
Is your spouse good w/ money? Have a lot of debt? Credit Cards, house, car, does spouse spend money wisely? Or always needing more. Are you good w/ money?





Who ever is the better money manager, get the job done w/ communication lines open for suggestions, wants, needs, and future.





We can't allow ourselves to be enablers to ';gold diggers';
Before I got married, we both said we wanted to keep our own bank accounts. It really was more of an independance thing than a trust issue.





That all ended when we bought a house. We have multiple payments withdrawn every month now and having both our paychecks auto-deposited into one account makes book keeping and budgeting a hell of a lot easier.





Plus I'd like to point out - I have more money than my spouse. Always did. Does that mean he is a gold digger?
In the end it doesn't matter...any bank account that either of you holds as long as you're legally married is a marital asset and you're not really protecting yourself but having a separate one. If you can't trust you spouse then you shouldn't have one. A bank account shouldn't be the deciding factor...that's sad.
Due to some geographical differences we had to seperate ours and rather than combine them afterwards we just have it set up where we bank at the same place and have 3 accounts.. his, mine, and ours. it works lovely, not that i think it'll last much longer cus it's easier to have it together and have faith and dont be so stupid that you'd give someone free reign and not check in on the bills till its too late.. i've seen Waiting to Exhale.
Well, life's lessons have taught me that I would have a joint account with my husband, but would also have a personal account for myself. Yes, please trust your spouse, with everything that you have. But, my mama didn't raise no fool.
i would and i do our money is not separated into hers and mine, and it isnt in the eyes of the law either. you think that just cause you have separate bank accounts she cant get the money.
When I was young, naive, and still married, I did.


But now I'm older, wiser, and divorced...so...no...NEVER again!
well I choose not to have my Fiance on any of my bank accounts at this point... Yes I love him and I trust him but not with the money I also make sure all bills are paid and make sure we have money for other things ie: groceries and outings
Nope. I don't share my money anymore. We do have a joint account to put in money for shared expenses - mortgage for one...but that's it. I'll never go back to handing it all over...
A little bit cynical are we?





We do share a bank account. We make about the same amount per year. No biggy.
We already share a bank account together.
yes. none of the bill would ever get paid if we had seperate accounts. either that, or we would be constantly bickering about who is going to pay what bill....too much of a hassle.
My husband share his bank account with me.
Yes of course. I think you need to hang out with a better class of women. They do exist you know.
Never again. Neither should you. Trust me on this!
no
i share my account with my husband, we only have one debit card and I carry it at all times, but we share all of our money

No comments:

Post a Comment