Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How has your life changed as being a military spouse? good and bad?

i've answered this question a lot of times...


this is how i explain being a military wife :i sleep alone, i cook for one, i eat alone, i change my oil, i mow my yard, i own a gun (which i know how to use - because i'm alone a lot), our son is a momma's boy, our dogs hate me because i dont spoil them like daddy, i do all the housework, i pay the bills, i pump my gas, i can fix anything, my heart drops everytime someone knocks on my door, i dont even take a shower without my cell phone within arms reach...





i wouldn't have it any other way.





i have a new view on healthcare. people are always ready and willing to help me with anything...





i married my husband b/c i love him - which has nothing to do w/ his career. but being a military wife is a big part of life when you marry a soldier...How has your life changed as being a military spouse? good and bad?
Good - I have a great marriage and financial security. I get to travel and move to areas that I wouldn't have thought to ever live. I have excellent free health care. We have 2 kids that were free (normal births are around $10K without complications).





Bad - We move when we don't want to. Husband isn't home for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays etc. Husband works 50+ hours a week. Stress of raising a family alone when he's deployed.





There are pros and cons to every job/lilfestyle out there. For us the military benefits outweigh the bad. We are almost done. In a few years we will get a check for the rest of his life. I don't know of any other job that you can retire after just 20 years and have all sorts of benefits as well.





Just remember it is a lifestyle and a commitment not meant for everyone. You have to grin and bear it at times even though you may not agree with the situation.How has your life changed as being a military spouse? good and bad?
The only bad thing really is that I am away from my little sisters and I miss them like crazy. Other than that, I am loving every minute of it thus far. Even the crappy time are outweighed by the good times. It isn't easy, but nothing worth having is gonna come easy.
good-- i have a great hubby, i have 2 gorgeous boys, ive lived @ 3 different duty stations {one was another country! } i became much more self sufficient, and in general a stronger woman





bad--- I cuss more
yes it was for the better it made me a stronger more driven individual.......


my husband is a wonderful man and i don't regret any of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment