Sunday, August 22, 2010

My ex's wife files an injured spouse report so why do i still have to wait for my money?

child support recieved my ex's tax return and stimulus last week his wife filed an injured spouse report when they filed back in january child support is telling me i still have to wait 6 months for the return to be realeased why is this?My ex's wife files an injured spouse report so why do i still have to wait for my money?
There is a holding period on tax returns and other payments received to off-set back support and it varies by state and this happens regardless if your ex is remarried or there is an injured spouse claim. You may want to ask your question to the office that handles child support payments as these policies vary by state.





Also, keep in mind, your ex-husband's new wife is not responsible for his child support debts and is entitled to have her finances protected. You wouldn't want anyone taking your money for a debt you didn't owe.My ex's wife files an injured spouse report so why do i still have to wait for my money?
Her lawyer is sharp and I bet you don;t have one to protect your interest. If I had been the lawyer representing you, I;d have asked for a stay pending medical review to determine if she is trying to defraud you and thereby, is lying to the court. It still can be done based on a motion to reconsider her motion., Also, an appeal can be filed, but it starts to get expensive. One thing for sure is that I;d desparately try to prove she is not only trying to defraud you, but is lying to the court under oath and I;d demand her being jailed for this felony
if you want your money YOU'RE the one who needed to file injured spouse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment