Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fiance visa vs Spouse visa. Girlfriend living with me in the USA with F1 visa as a stude(no 2year requirement?

So my girlfriend is living with me and we plan to get married next year. She has a one year J-1 visa that expires next June. Should she go back to Russia and I file a Fiance Visa petition here in the USA or should I get married in here(now that she's here) and start the process here via a Spouse visa? She is not subject to the 2-year visa requirement.Fiance visa vs Spouse visa. Girlfriend living with me in the USA with F1 visa as a stude(no 2year requirement?
She doesn't need a visa. Visas are used to enter a country. She's here now.





Just get married. No trick to that.





Then, you file I-130, I-864 and G-325A.


She files I-485, I-131, I-765 and G-325A.





File them ALL at the same time, in the SAME envelope. The total cost to file is $1,365.





She'll get the work permit and travel permit in about 90 days. She'll have her green card in about 6 months.





The forms are here... http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m鈥?/a>





This is called ';concurrent filing.'; She does not leave the USA. As long as the J-1 is good when you file she's 100% fine.Fiance visa vs Spouse visa. Girlfriend living with me in the USA with F1 visa as a stude(no 2year requirement?
Get married here while she is still in status.

No comments:

Post a Comment