Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have been married for many years. my spouse was convicted of a felony. are my assets considered joint?

i am a business owner. all my vehicles are in our personal names, but used for my business. can they claim by business assets as his?I have been married for many years. my spouse was convicted of a felony. are my assets considered joint?
It would depend on your state. Do you keep meticulous financial records? Can you show receipts for things bought for your business use? Is your business in your name alone? It sounds like you will need an atty. to sort out what can and cannot be seized. It is possible to use your records and such to prove you alone paid for something, to show it is used/needed for your business and so on. Good Luck.





EDIT: Sorry 'Jack', but personal experience tells me that she CAN keep some assets, but may have to fight for them. Is your name only on any of the vehicles? Can you show that it was YOUR money which paid for a particular item? Yes, you need an attorney to protect some things. I had this same thing happen to me.I have been married for many years. my spouse was convicted of a felony. are my assets considered joint?
There shouldn't be a reason why they would go after your assets just because your husband was convicted.
Yes because they are in fact listed in your personal names.
You better not listen to the answers you got so far because they are way off! Yes, Your husband is a convicted felon and as I read on your previous questions, They were drug related offenses. You say the vehicles are registered under ';OUR PERSONAL NAMES'; .





That means his names are on them as well. They can be confiscated and seized.
  • pimple cure
  • eye pencil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment