Friday, August 20, 2010

What can you do when your spouse doesn't like your pet?

I came up with a few ideas in this article: http://www.examiner.com/x-21882-Newark-Marriage-Examiner~y2009m9d20-When-youre-married-with-pets-is-compromise-even-possible





Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm actually in this predicament myself--my husband and my cat don't get along.What can you do when your spouse doesn't like your pet?
I am assuming the cat you are referring to is the four legged variety and not the one you were born with .... Because if he didn't like that cat, that would be a huge problem.What can you do when your spouse doesn't like your pet?
Is he allergic? If you can't compromise on this issue, then you have to decide who is more important? The cat who may have 9 lives but won't live as long, pay as many bills or provide you with children, cut the grass, shovel snow, get your car fixed, pump it's gas I think you see where I am going with this. Or your husband who won't use a sand box, or hock up a fur ball or lick himself or act indifferent to you, come to your side when he wants, use your furniture as a scratching post and won't climb then hang from your curtains, nor will he bring you a dead bird/mouse in his mouth, use your flower bed as a litter box, or play with a ball of string. It's a tough choice but then a cat won't fight with you, make up with you or keep you warm all over on a cold night nor will it give you conversation at dinner or pick up the check.
Need more info.....did you have the cat before you two married? Or?





If not, did he want you to get a cat? If he didn't, and you did it anyway...then I feel sorry for the cat and your husband.





I realize the cat is your pet, and that you care very much for it........however, your husband comes first! Unless you would prefer to live alone with the cat.
My boyfriend and my dog didn't get along at first.Every time my boyfriend would move my dog would growl at him and bark. He still does sometimes but I think somewhere along the line they are coming to terms with each other. Have your spouse spend more time with the cat. Have him sit and hold him and try to work with both of them. They will eventually adjust to each other.
Put your husband up for adoption. :}





haha just kidding.





Well ask him about something like a personal item or something that is close to him. And then tell him: what if you didn't like it and you wanted him to get rid of it. I think then he will get where you are coming from and he will probably then try to compromise with you.
Why did he married you, if he didn't like your damn cat?





I dated this man, who had two dogs. Now, I didn't mind that, but he started to treat them like they were his kids, that is when i drew the line and dumped him.
The article says it all. Personally, my husband would come first in my life, but that is just my attitude.
I hate cats and I'm glad my husband does too.
SWEET MILDRED IS MY LEADER...CRAWL INTO HER PLAYPEN WITH ME

No comments:

Post a Comment