Friday, August 20, 2010

I make 50k and my spouse makes 55k. Are we typical middle class?

Or upper middle class? Or does it depend on your debt load?I make 50k and my spouse makes 55k. Are we typical middle class?
According to the IRS, you my dear are rich.


Yes, hard to believe when you look at your take home pay AND your bills, but YOU are the people that the Dems want to pay more taxes.


Your income is $110K.


See this:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_t鈥?/a>


For 2006, close enough for government work, the top quintile, top 20% of people made $100K or more.





In reality, of course, you're not rich. Debt does NOT determine what class you fit in, but it sure matters when you have bills to pay. But again, remember, according to the politicians, YOU ARE RICH because you are in the top 20% of all earners in the US.I make 50k and my spouse makes 55k. Are we typical middle class?
Probably closer to upper middle class. If you were on your own, you'd be just middle class. The debt load is part of what defines you, but typically it's more along the lines of the value of your assets and how many kids you have to support. If it's just you and the Mrs., you are definitely above just middle class.
Why are you worried about labels? Its how you handle you money that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment